[gmx-users] protein and ligand is not forming complex after completing simulation

Marlon Sidore marlon.sidore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:55:08 CEST 2016

I had success in the past by first unwrapping the trajectory, then
centering on a portion of interest and then putting back everything in the
pbc, with something like this (based on your example commands):

trjconv_d -s md_0_1.tpr -f md_0_1.xtc -n index.ndx -o trj0.pdb -pbc nojump

trjconv_d -s md_0_1.tpr -f trj0.xtc -n index.ndx -o trj1.pdb -center [[Here
center on your protein for example]]

trjconv_d -s md_0_1.tpr -f trj1.xtc -n index.ndx -o trj2.pdb -pbc mol

I also had success with this protocol even with a cut down trajectory
(using trjconv -skip 1000). I also had a great number of fails when trying
to use trjconv only once, instead of 3 times like this.

Hope this helps

Marlon Sidore

PhD Student
Laboratoire d'Ingénierie des Systèmes Macromoléculaire (LISM)
CNRS - UMR7255
31, Chemin Joseph Aiguier
13402 cedex 20 Marseille
France