[gmx-users] Compilation problems after installing Gromacs 5.1.2 on Ubuntu 14.0

Martha Herreira marthaherreira22 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:23:40 CEST 2016

Hello List,

I've installed Ubuntu 14.0 in a new machine along with Gromacs 5.1.2.
Gromacs compiled and installed without any warning, but whenever I use the
commands cmake/make in order to compile the template.cpp file I receive the
following message:

"cannot find -lgmxfftw"

If I try to use 'make -f Makefile.pkg' I receive a couple of messages about
undefined functions, just like this one:

template.cpp:(.text+0xc7): undefined reference to
`gmx::TrajectoryAnalysisModule::TrajectoryAnalysisModule(char const*, char
const*)'

If I install an older version, 4.6.x, cmake works fine but make -f
Makefile.pkg behaves in the same manner.

Anyone here went through the same problem?

Martha.