[gmx-users] Documentation of gmx velacc spectrum and gmx dos

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Jul 28 22:57:42 CEST 2016

On 27/07/16 14:55, Hartling, Kathryn wrote:
> UNRESTRICTED / ILLIMITÉE
>
> Dear GROMACS users,
>
> I am new to GROMACS, and I was wondering whether someone could direct me to documentation on exactly what is calculated in the spectrum option (-os) of gmx velacc, as well as the gmx dos function? They don't seem to be documented in the reference manual, and I'm not sure how to deal with the use of arbitrary units.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Katy

I created a reminder for gmx velacc
https://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/2019
The spectrum is the square of the fourier transform of the velocity
autocorrelation function. We encourage users to read the source code :)

gmx dos will be updated in the near future and documented there. The
present version only computes the quantum correction to the heat capacity.

Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.