[gmx-users] gromacs electrostatic energy

王珍 348363213 at qq.com
Sun Jul 31 05:23:48 CEST 2016

Hi all, I use two methods to calculate the electrostatic energy of two atoms of RNA.
Firstly, when I use the g_enengy to calculate the electrostatic energy in gromacs.
Secondly, I just use the formula of electrostatic energy (E=f*q(i)*q(j)/r),
The results of two methods make a great difference. For gromacs, the algorithm of electrostatic energy is not the (E=f*q(i)*q(j)/r) ?

Thank you very much.

The following is the file of mdp.
title               =  1ZIH
cpp                 =  /lib/cpp

;run parameters
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.002                    ; ps
nsteps              =  2                ; total 1ns
nstcomm             =  100
define              = -DPOSRES

;output control
nstxout             =  1000                     ; collect data every 2 ps
nstxtcout           =  1000
nstvout             =  1000
nstfout             =  0
nstlog              =  1000
nstcalcenergy       =  1                     ;frequency fo calculating the energy
nstenergy           =  1000                    ;frequency to write energies to energy file

;Bond parameter
continuation           = yes                     ;restarting after NPT
constraint-algorithm   = lincs
constraints            = all-bonds               ;none
lincs_iter             = 1
lincs_order            = 4

;Neighborsearching
ns_type             =  grid
nstlist             =  10
rlist               =  1.0
rcoulomb            =  1.0
vdwtype             =  cut-off
rvdw                =  1.0

;Electrostatics
coulombtype         =  PME
pme_order      =  4
fourierspacing      =  0.12

;Temperature coupling is on
Tcoupl              = V-rescale                     ;berendsen
tc-grps             = system
Tau_t               = 0.1
ref_t               = 300

; Berendsen Pressure coupling is on