[gmx-users] pull code in 5.1.2

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:23:33 CET 2016

Mark, thanks for responding. It seems like this is the second syntax
change for COM pulling since v. 4.6.x
If you don't mind my asking, why is this happening, esp. given no
backward compatibility? By comparing e.g. 5.0 and 5.1, I don't readily
see the rationale...

Peter, your suggested syntax works out of the box, thank you.

Alex

On 3/2/2016 2:16 AM, Mark Abraham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, Google continues to find both the old and new documentation, while I
> haven't found the time to migrate everything else to the new layout. The
> documentation you found is marked as being for 5.0...
>
> In general, seek documentation at http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/.
> I have updated the 5.1 release notes to be more specific on this particular
> topic.
>
> Mark
>

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:57 AM Alex <nedomacho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay, I am officially the Jon Snow of COM pulling under 5.1.2. :) At the
>> same time, neither the new manual, nor the google-preferred page
>> (http://manual.gromacs.org/online/mdp_opt.html#pull) have the info you
>> just linked to.
>>
>> Thanks a lot, let me try this.
>>
>> Alex
>>

>> On 3/2/2016 1:44 AM, Peter Kroon wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> According to the manual
>>> (
>> http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/5.1/user-guide/mdp-options.html#com-pulling
>> )
>>> it should be something like this:
>>>
>>> pull = yes
>>> pull-nstxout        = 1000
>>> pull-nstfout        = 1000
>>> pull_ngroups = 1
>>> pull_group1_name = JON_SNOW_KNOWS_NOTHING
>>> pull_ncoords = 1
>>> pull-coord1-type = umbrella
>>> pull_coord1_geometry = direction-periodic