[gmx-users] Urea induced denaturation and urea force fields.

Krzysztof Kuczera kkuczera at ku.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:49:33 CEST 2016

Hi
I think the reason your urea molecules moved away from the protein is
the concentration gradient introduced through your solvation scheme  -
since [urea] = 0 in the bulk, we can expect the molecules to
spontaneously diffuse there. Probably solvating with an equilibrated
water+urea box with high urea concentration would work better - see
how-to's section of gromacs  website  for using mixed solvents
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Kuczera
Departments of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences
Tel: 785-864-5060 Fax: 785-864-5396 email: kkuczera at ku.edu
http://oolung.chem.ku.edu/~kuczera/home.html