[gmx-users] Generating topology for a HEM protein with CHARMM27

zeineb SI CHAIB zeineb-14 at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 15:59:57 CEST 2016

@Justin,

Thank you very much for your help, I finally fixed the problem but I'm having another one with grompp (which was expected): The error that I get is:

ERROR 7 [file topol.top, line 41571]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

Fatal error:
There were 13 errors in input file(s)

I think that the problem is about the bond parameters between SH in cystein and HEME iron group, isn't it?

After looking in the literature, I found their corresponding parameters: I added the following fields in CHARMM file ffbonded.it:

[
bondtypes ]
;
i	j	   func	b0	 kb
  SG
  FE        1      0.232  209200.0

[
angletypes ]
;
i	j	k	func	th0	cth	ub0	cub
CT2
   SG       FE       5      100.6   418.4   0.0     0.0
SG
    FE       NPH      5       90.0   836.8   0.0     0.0
SG
    FE       NPH      5       90.0   836.8   0.0     0.0
SG
    FE       NPH      5       90.0   836.8   0.0     0.0
SG
    FE       NPH      5       90.0   836.8   0.0     0.0

;
###
 CS	    SS	X	  9	    0.20	0.0	3

CA
     CB      SG      FE      9       0.20    0.0   3
HB1
    CB      SG      FE      9       0.20    0.0   3
HB1
    CB      SG      FE      9       0.20    0.0   3

;
###
 FE	    SS	X	  9	    0.00	0.0	  4
CB
     SG      FE      NPH     9       0.00    0.0     4
CB
     SG      FE      NPH     9       0.00    0.0     4
CB
     SG      FE      NPH     9       0.00    0.0     4

But after that, I had another type of error:

Fatal error:
Unknown bond_atomtype SG

I added an SG entry in atomtypes.atp but I'm having the same error? Am I missing something?

Thank you very much for all your help and guidance Justin!

Regards.

Zeineb.