[gmx-users] [gmx-developers] GTX 680 non detected on OS X

Uliano Guerrini uliano.guerrini at unimi.it
Mon May 30 10:07:06 CEST 2016

Actually I don’t know how to do it. The right command should be otool -L, from the man page of otool:

-L
     Display the names and version numbers of  the  shared  libraries
              that  the  object file uses, as well as the shared library ID if
              the file is a shared library.

but using it on the deviceQuery binary (from cuda samples)

uliano at MacPro:~/samples$ otool -L ./bin/x86_64/darwin/release/deviceQuery
./bin/x86_64/darwin/release/deviceQuery:
	/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 1258.1.0)
	/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 120.1.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1226.10.1)

doesn’t report libcudart that is instead loaded at runtime as shown in my previous mail sent on May 27 at 9:25

I have *no Idea* of the mechanism that is able to load libcudart without having it listed by otool -L

uliano