[gmx-users] Strange behaviour of added atomtype in simulation

Kamps, M. m.kamps at student.rug.nl
Wed Nov 23 13:34:11 CET 2016

Dear gmx-users,

Is there anybody that can say anything about my simulation as to why
it would fail?
To clarify I've added some images. The first image is taken at t=0,
right after the equilibration steps, while the second image is taken
after around 0.08ns of simulations. This simulation was done in water,
however the same happens in vacuum.
https://postimg.org/image/7byeyjxo5/
https://postimg.org/image/6nfjwndyb/
As you can see, the relative order in the first image has completely
disappeared, atoms have left the FCC structure and the atoms behave
like a liquid. Atoms are also leaving the plane, and move through the
upper or lower PBC to rejoin the surface at the other side. Again,
this behaviour only happens at T=300K but not at T=10K. I understand
that atoms behave different at lower temperatures, however this
behaviour should not happen at these temperatures?
I've uploaded my files, so if you are interested you can take a look.
The first link contains all files and all simulation results, while
the second link contains only the files.
https://ufile.io/5f217
https://ufile.io/d3622
Any help would be great!

Mark