[gmx-users] Removal of Waters in Hydrophobic Core

Sanim Rahman sanimr at mail.usf.edu
Sat Nov 26 08:18:13 CET 2016

Thank you Chris,

I tried the commands and I was able to obtain an output
keep_these_waters.gro with about 3.5 MB of data. However, when I continued
with the rest of the commands:

tail -1 initial.gro > last_line.gro
head -$(expr $(cat initial.gro | wc -l | awk '{print $1}') - 1 )
initial.gro > not_last_line.gro
cat not_last_line.gro new_waters.gro last_line.gro > new_system.gro
editconf -f new_system.gro -o new_system_sequential_numbers.gro

I still failed to obtain a new structure. The structure is the same as
solvated.gro. I am going to put extreme z-coordinates to see if all the
water molecules will be removed. Other than that, do you have any
suggestions?

*Sanim Rahman*
B.S. Chemical Engineering, 2019
Undergraduate Researcher, Global Center for Hearing and Speech Research