[gmx-users] setting up a pull vec

abhisek Mondal abhisek.mndl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:42:43 CET 2016

Hi,

What is actually happening in this error ? No consolidated reference is
available regarding this.

Fatal error:
Distance between pull groups 1 and 2 (5.851644 nm) is larger than 0.49
times the box size (4.942940) !!!

I had used cubic box with -d 2.0. Trying to do distance pulling with it.
Please provide some help regarding the same.
Here's the pull code being used:
; Pull code
pull                    = yes
pull_ngroups            = 2
pull_ncoords            = 1
pull_group1_name        = Protein_chain_A
pull_group2_name        = JZ4
pull_coord1_type        = umbrella      ; harmonic biasing force
pull_coord1_geometry    = distance      ; simple distance increase
pull_coord1_dim = N Y Y
pull_coord1_groups      = 1 2
pull_coord1_rate        = 0.00001          ; 0.00001 nm per ps = 1 nm per ns
pull_coord1_init = 0
pull_coord1_k           = 1000           ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2
pull_coord1_start       = yes           ; define initial COM distance > 0

How large box am I to use ? I'm trying to pull a ligand from bound protein.
How much pulling it could have required ?

Please make it little bit clear, things are way too hazy.

Thank you.