[gmx-users] g_spatial Problem

Rubaiyet Abedin abedin.r at husky.neu.edu
Wed Oct 5 05:45:36 CEST 2016

Dear Dr. Neale,

Thanks for your reply. Actually my system is quite a big system. It
contains:

Cation - 250 molecules
Anion - 250 molecules
Type A  (urea)- 500 molecules
Type B (refrigerant)- 250 molecules

I want to get spatial distribution function like the following. I used this
picture as because this system is similar to mine:
https://s26.postimg.org/hmw56k5d5/demo.jpg

Let's say I am trying to get the sdf of anions around the cation (solute).
When I am going through the manual of g_spatial, it did not specify I have
to choose a single atom of solute. So first I took all the molecules of
cation as a centered group and followed the steps that I mentioned in the
earlier mail. I got something like this:
https://s26.postimg.org/4794h3wvd/image.jpg
If I load both grid files, it turned out like this :
https://s26.postimg.org/hpg0te90p/image.jpg

First of all it's rectangular, and all the sdf that I saw in the paper are
spherical and in the center there are only one molecule (which is clearly
different from mine).

In the forum, I read that there should be only one centered molecule. So I
made an index file including a random molecule of Cation and followed the
steps. This time I got the image like this:
https://s26.postimg.org/7gs51bacp/25percent_Copy.jpg

So I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried to look for help. But I
could not find any till now. Right now I am completely stuck.

The process you said- to make 10 separate trajectories, in my case there
are 250 molecules of solute and I have to do 250 analysis and then
concatenate all the trajectories? I am not clear about this. I have
completed my simulation, I have the  final trjectory and gro file. What you
are suggesting is to take the trajectory and output it as 1 solute + all
solvents (anion + type A + type B) and then concatenate all these
trajectories.  Then run the steps that I enlisted. It is something like
this?

I am really thankful for your time.

Rubaiyet