[gmx-users] mdrun don't write a checkpoint file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 6 13:55:12 CEST 2016

On 10/6/16 7:41 AM, Menig, Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am new to GROMACS and I wanted to run a Coars-Grain simulation but gmx mdrun doesn't write a checkpoint file and I found no solution for my Problem in the Docs or Internet. I hope someone can help me with this problem, I need this files for extending my Simulation (similar to Lysozyme tutorial) . I use GROMACS 5.1, the mdrun command I used is:
>

> gmx mdrun -s input/name.tpr -o out_trr/name.trr -c output/name.gro -e output/name.edr -g output/name.log -cpo output/name.cpt
>

> I also tried the -deffnm option
>

> Could this be a bug or is another parameter needed (tried -cpt option) ?

That command should produce a checkpoint file every 15 minutes, which is the
default behavior.  The only reasons that it wouldn't be written are if the run
terminated abnormally or if you ran out of disk space.  Either way, the .log
file or stderr/stdout should have informative information.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore