[gmx-users] mdrun don't write a checkpoint file

Menig, Simon simon.menig at tum.de
Thu Oct 6 13:41:31 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am new to GROMACS and I wanted to run a Coars-Grain simulation but gmx mdrun doesn't write a checkpoint file and I found no solution for my Problem in the Docs or Internet. I hope someone can help me with this problem, I need this files for extending my Simulation (similar to Lysozyme tutorial) . I use GROMACS 5.1, the mdrun command I used is:

gmx mdrun -s input/name.tpr -o out_trr/name.trr -c output/name.gro -e output/name.edr -g output/name.log -cpo output/name.cpt

I also tried the -deffnm option

Could this be a bug or is another parameter needed (tried -cpt option) ?

Thanks

Simon