[gmx-users] Fwd: Questions for the forum

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 13 15:49:51 CEST 2016

On 10/13/16 9:45 AM, Matilde Viegas wrote:
> Of course, sorry!
> I followed your lyzosyme tutorial, the exact same commands, only addapting
> it to my system (force field, tip3p water, just like I did on AMBER), box
> was dodechaedron, 1.2nm. I didn't alter anything beside that... My enzyme
> is around 72 thousand atoms, after adding the solvation box, it goes up to
> 2.5 million atoms.

You need to provide your exact commands, copied and pasted from the terminal.
You can't just say you did my tutorial, because there's a lot of differences in
what you actually did and what's in that example.

One thing that is unclear is if you're trying to import an already-solvated
system from AMBER into GROMACS.  If you are, then you shouldn't be re-sizing the
box or adding any more water.  But again, only your exact commands and
descriptions of file contents will tell us anything productive.