[gmx-users] mdp file of membrane simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 20 17:50:23 CEST 2016

On 10/20/16 11:47 AM, Mijiddorj Batsaikhan wrote:
> Thank you very much.
>
> *(1)*
> Which one is suitable the following 2 examples for energy groups in my mdp
> file?
>
> *Example 1*
>
> energygrps = Protein Membrane
> energy grps = r_1 Membrane
> energygrps = r_2 Membrane
> energygrps = r_N Membrane
>
> *Example 2*
> energygrps = Protein Membrane r_1 r_2 ... r_N

This is correct.  As with any .mdp keyword, it can only appear once.

> *(2)* -mdrerun is how faster than original md simulation?

In general, it takes a few minutes.  Don't waste time with energygrps for the
original run (if there are many, your run can slow down a lot!) and just treat
the pairwise energy decomposition as simply analysis.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore