[gmx-users] renaming DILE to ILE for Charmm27?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 24 04:24:21 CEST 2016

On 10/23/16 9:35 PM, Mijiddorj Batsaikhan wrote:
> Dear gmx users,
>
> I want to make a simulation the peptide that contains D-ILE using Charmm27
> force field. Is it possible to rename the from DILE to ILE? and use pdb2gmx
> to generate topology of the peptide.

There's a lot more to it.  CHARMM supports D-amino acids, but none of those
parameters are available in GROMACS.  The D-amino acids use a unique CA type
that then requires distinct bonded parameters, and most importantly, a totally
different CMAP matrix.  We discussed this in the last week or so; see that
thread in the archive for more details.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629