[gmx-users] pmf

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Oct 28 22:09:29 CEST 2016

On 10/28/16 4:04 PM, Alex wrote:
> Dear Gromacs user,
>
> Below are the result of PMF simulation of a peptide adsorbed into a solid
> surface.
> Would you please comment on them in order to improve the result.
>
> The force constant in the umberela sampling is 1100.
> For each windows:  1.2 ns NVT equilibration followed by 2 ns of NPT and 15
> ns of NVT produciton run.
> Should I change the force constant or increase the simulation time for each
> windows or just increasing the sampling in some region?
>

> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_CbyhnbKqQDMkpLc0didlMxTWs
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_CbyhnbKqQDZ1RpT3JxMjdyazA

You need more windows.  You have obvious gaps in several parts of the reaction
coordinate.

> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_CbyhnbKqQDZlR4RGVIWk5KbVU
>
> It is just one dimension pulling by "N N Y" by pull-coord1-geometry =
> distance, then I was also wondeing why my pullx.xvg files has more than
> normal column so that gmx wham complain with error about it:
> Fatal error:
> Using 1 pull coodinates from prdd.0.tpr,
>  but found 4 data columns in pullx-prd.0.xvg (expected 3).

What version of GROMACS is this?  Is the version of gmx wham the same as the
version of grompp/mdrun used to create/run the simulations?  I would expect 4 as
well (COM x,y,z of reference and z-coordinate of pulled group), but there have
been a lot of changes to the pull code in recent versions.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore