[gmx-users] CMake Error at cmake/gmxManageSimd.cmake:67 (message): Found a compiler flag for AVX2 support, but some other problem exists.

Atila Petrosian atila.petrosian at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:45:17 CEST 2016

Dear Mark,

In /usr/local/gromasc/bin directory, there are only

demux.pl
gmx-completion.bash
gmx-completion-gmx_mpi.bash
gmx_mpi
GMXRC
GMXRC.bash
GMXRC.csh
GMXRC.zshxplor2gmx.pl

In this directory, there is gmx_mpi rather than gmx. It is true based
on the http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/5.1/ReleaseNotes/removed-features.html#removed-temporary-symlinks-from-pre-5-0-tool-names

In above link:

That period is now over, so gmx tool (or gmx_mpi tool) is the only way
to use GROMACS in 5.1. The mdrun-only build will build mdrun (or
mdrun_mpi as appropriate).

But there are not any tool in /usr/local/gromacs/bin directory

Are you sure the lack of tools such as pdb2gmx, editconf, mdrun,
grompp and .... is not a problem ???

I am confused. Please tell me hoe to use gromacs 5.1 tools.

Best,

Atila