[gmx-users] energy minimization

Catarina A. Carvalheda dos Santos c.a.c.dossantos at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 11:27:57 CEST 2016

Hi Surya,

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do.
Do you want to energy minimise an entire trajectory? After the production
phase? Why?

The -c flag in mdrun is the output, the last conformation sampled during
the mdrun. You can use this output file as the input structure for an
energy minimisation (-c option in grompp to prepare the .tpr file), I just
don't see the point in doing that.
Also, -c flag in grompp doesn't accept .xtc files. If you type "grompp -h"
you'll see that.

Cheers,