[gmx-users] where're all the tools gone .. ?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Sep 28 15:48:35 CEST 2016

On 9/28/16 9:35 AM, Frank Eisenmenger wrote:
> When compiling gromacs 5.1.4, after
>
> cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/gromacs51
>
> make & sudo make install, /usr/local/gromacs51/bin/ contains, ONLY:
>
>   demux.pl, gmx, gmx-completion.bash, gmx-completion-gmx.bash
>   GMXRC, GMXRC.bash, GMXRC.csh, GMXRC.zsh, xplor2gmx.pl
>
> But, by 'making' gromacs 4.6.7, I get MANY MORE in <path>/gromacs46/bin/
>
> completion.bash  eneconv    g_bond       g_covar       g_dipoles genbox
> g_filter       g_hydorder  g_mindist  GMXRC.bash g_options    g_protonate
> grompp    g_select   g_spol      g_wham mdrun_mpi  trjorder
> completion.csh   g_anadock  g_bundle     g_current     g_disre genconf
> g_gyrate       g_kinetics  g_morph    GMXRC.csh g_order      g_rama
> g_rotacf  g_sgangle  g_tcaf      g_wheel mk_angndx  xplor2gmx.pl
> completion.zsh   g_anaeig   g_chi        g_density     g_dist g_enemat
> g_h2order      g_lie       g_msd      GMXRC.zsh g_pme_error  g_rdf
> g_rotmat  g_sham     g_traj      g_x2top pdb2gmx    xpm2ps
> demux.pl         g_analyze  g_cluster    g_densmap     g_dos g_energy
> g_hbond        g_luck      gmxcheck   g_nmeig g_polystat   g_rms
> g_saltbr  g_sigeps   g_tune_pme  make_edi tpbconv
> do_dssp          g_angle    g_clustsize  g_densorder   g_dyecoupl genion
> g_helix        g_mdmat     gmxdump    g_nmens g_potential  g_rmsdist
> g_sans    g_sorient  g_vanhove   make_ndx trjcat
> editconf         g_bar      g_confrms    g_dielectric  g_dyndom genrestr
> g_helixorient  g_membed    GMXRC      g_nmtraj g_principal  g_rmsf
> g_sas     g_spatial  g_velacc    mdrun trjconv
>

> How can I build all those tools for gromacs 5.1.4, too ?

You did.  Everything is one program, called gmx.  Please consult the manual,
release notes, mailing list archive (this gets asked probably once a week,
despite being announced several times since version 5.0 a few years ago) and
available tutorials for all the changes, updated syntax, etc.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore