[gmx-users] does gmx2016.3 support Nvidia 1080Ti?

维维 tzweir at qq.com
Sun Apr 2 18:01:55 CEST 2017

Hi, gromacs users

  I have installed a CUDA version  of Gromacs 2016.3 with the newst Nvidia 1080Ti graphic card. The  installation goes well and I see GPU support CUDA in version info of  Gromacs. However, I see a NOTE saying "Error occurred during GPU  detection: no CUDA-capable device is detected. Can not use GPU  acceleration, will fall back to CPU kernels."

   I am quite sure that card is set on my machine, which can be firmed by  /dev/nvidia0. Also I can see the card stat with command "nvidia-smi".

   So I am really comfused of the problem. Why gromacs can not recognize  1080Ti graphic card. Thank you for your generous help in advance!