[gmx-users] does gmx2016.3 support Nvidia 1080Ti?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 19:01:24 CEST 2017

Hi,

Yes, it's supported - both NVIDIA and GROMACS aim at backward
compatibility, such that new hardware will run old code. And the 10xx
series is not old with respect to the 2016 GROMACS series, either. Your
problem likely lies with coordinating driver and/or CUDA versions
appropriately, e.g. your nvidia-smi is using a driver from a different CUDA
version than is linked with GROMACS.

Mark