[gmx-users] Higher that usual salt bridge occupancies in Amber99sb*-ildn forcefield despite adding nonbonded corrections

Priyesh Mohanty priyeshmohanty at yahoo.in
Thu Apr 20 15:18:53 CEST 2017

Dear Justin and Chris,There appears to be no difference between the old and the newly created .tpr files. I determined this using gmxcheck. As an additional confirmation I reperformed a production simulation of Ubiquitin using the old .tpr which originally gave the proper occupancies for a given salt bridge. The reperformed run also shows the increase in occupancy compared to the original run. I think this suggests a problem with mdrun. This problem appeared simultaneously across across multiple machines. The stability is more than three times higher in the newer run with the same corrections (53% vs 16% occupancy using a 5 angstrom cutoff).

-Priyesh