[gmx-users] Zinc Oxide Simulation

SAPNA BORAH sapnauser365 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 06:34:24 CEST 2017

Dear Andre,

Thanks for the suggestions.

For the charges, we had also taken a reference from another simulation
performed for ZnO nanowires in gromacs. Following is the information:

[ ZnO]
 [ atoms ]
   ZN   ZN      2.000       0
   O    O      -0.040       0
   OS   OS    -2.040      0
[ bonds ]
 [ angles ]
;  ai    aj    ak   gromos type
 [ impropers ]
;  ai    aj    ak    al   gromos type
 [ dihedrals ]
;  ai    aj    ak    al   gromos type

Where, the OS is the shell oxygen.

However when run for ZnO nanoparticles, the energy minimisation stops with
a segmentation fault error.

When replaced with the charges mentioned in the previous mail, the
simulation runs, which makes it altogether more doubtful.

Nonetheless, I am still trying and hoping for a few suggestions here to get
hold of some fair ZnO parameters.

Thanks.

Sapna.

Sapna Mayuri Borah