[gmx-users] Regarding reading .gro file in python

Dilip H N cy16f01.dilip at nitk.edu.in
Thu Apr 27 20:22:37 CEST 2017

Thank you Oliver Beckstein Sir, Dawid das Sir,

My questions are..

1] I got the initial configuration of a molecule in .pdb format and thn i
gave the command
gmx editconf -f .pdb -o box.gro -c -box x y z
what happens in the background when this command is given..?? (the C++
program runs in which gromacs is written)
so what is the logic in tht program..??
2] and i have a initial .gro file and thn i want to insert more number of
molecules of tht to a box created i give the command
gmx insert-molecules -f .box.gro -ci ab.gro -nmol x -o abc.gro
so in the above command the molecules tht i want to insert gets inserted in
the empty spaces of the box...How is this defined in the program (such tht
the molecules should be inserted into the empty spaces only)..??
3] Yes,I want create an automatic tool in Python which sets up calculations
for me  and possibly runs them...
So that this Python script calls pdb2gmx, editconf, etc..

Thank you

  <https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=cy16f01.dilip@nitk.edu.in&idSignature=22>
<#>