[gmx-users] Drift with groups+tabulated potential.

sperez14 at us.es sperez14 at us.es
Mon Aug 14 11:47:52 CEST 2017

Dear GROMACS Community,

I am trying to do a simulation using a tabulated potential which forces
me to use the group cut-off. I get a drift in the conserved quantity of
-600KJ/mol/ns. My system consists of 1000 rigid TIP4P water molecules
and a Na+ ion. It seems that the problem is in the group cut-off since
when I change the tabulated potential for a regular vdw the problem
persists. I have followed the instructions of:

 http://www.gromacs.org/@api/deki/files/94/=gromacs_nb.pdf

Is this the kind of energy drift acceptable? I include a copy of the
.mdp file.

Thanks for your help,

Sergio

integrator = md