[gmx-users] Conversion of charmm36 parameters from namd to gromacs

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Dec 4 15:20:47 CET 2017

On 12/4/17 7:47 AM, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Hello Justin,
>
> Thanks for your response. I was under the assumption that entries in [
> pairtypes ] are the ones that override standard LJ interactions derived
> by pairgen. I now know this is a different section.
>
>  From what you are saying I come to the conclusion that the POT O
> interaction in charmm36 for gromacs have no custom potential but are
> derived via combination rules (as they are in namd). Nevertheless, the
> numbers still dont seem to match:
>
> Since we can ignore 1-4 Interactions in charmm36 as well as gromacs for
> POT-O, the resulting parameters from the namd version are:
>
> sig = 0.3463750 nm; eps=0.42750571533 kJ/mol

Can you please share the source of these parameters? There should be no
"NAMD version" of anything. The force field files that you should be
using are just the CHARMM distribution. The GROMACS port of CHARMM36
comes directly from those files. There is no official NBFIX for POT-O
(yet, we do have one but it's not in the official distribution) so the
combination rules should prevail.

-Justin

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall