[gmx-users] Fwd: lost particles while sorting

soumadwip ghosh soumadwipghosh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 19:57:59 CET 2017

​​Hi,

Sorry for reposting my query. I don't see a way to fix this software
inconsistency issue.

I am running NPT equilibration on gpu. After I finished the NVT I got an
error saying

Software Inconsistency Error:

Lost particles while sorting (6 out of 8)

Now I looked into the archive and it seems like a bug which was fixed in
gromacs versions > 5.0. I am using gromacs-2016.4 and the error is
sporadic. It means for a slightly different system (a mutation of the
protein under consideration, almost identical in overall system size) the
simulation runs fine on the same gpu using gromacs-2016.4. I have tried to
run the buggy one by creating a tpr file using gromacs 5.1.0 but no luck
yet. How do I fix this?

I am uploading the .tpr (gromacs 2016.4) and .mdp file in the following
link.

I am looking forward to your help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wfQdbTqkIEnfUE81IDb5iATkFyedP
2in/view?usp=sharing