[gmx-users] Simulation using disiloxane as a solvent

Akbar Shaikh Akbar.Shaikh at sparcmail.com
Fri Dec 8 10:03:11 CET 2017

Dear Gromacians,

I am trying to simulate a system containing a few lipids Phosphatidylcholine and DOTAP (+ve charged) in disiloxane as a solvent. The system works fine when I run NVT simulation with bond constraints(LINCS, all-bonds,1ns), but as soon as I remove the constraints and continue the NVT simulation it halts in between.
Further I tried NPT instead of NVT to continue the simulation with constraints (LINCS,all-binds,1ns), it throwed a lot of LINCS warning and halted.
Further I tried simulating the same system in a fresh run in Water instead of disiloxane and everything(NVT as well as NPT) works fine.
Further I tried simulating disiloxane alone in a fresh run in a 3X3X3 box and that too works fine (both in NVT and NPT)

Any suggestion on what can be done to solve the problem. I need to do a final NPT production run on my system once the error is resolved.

Sincerely,
Akbar Shaikh
+91 9767217767

Information disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this email in error and you should not review, disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail or any attachments contained herein. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. The sender also confirms that it shall not be responsible if this email message is used for any indecent, unsolicited or illegal purposes, which are in violation of any existing laws and the same shall solely be the responsibility of misuser and that the sender shall at all times be indemnified of any civil and/ or criminal liabilities or consequences thereof. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.