[gmx-users] SPC model hydrogen bonding

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 08:31:16 CET 2017

"Is my simulation wrong or SPC give similar values. Please give a
suggestion."

My suggestion is that you look at the extensive literature on bulk water
simulations using the SPC water model (and other more recent and accurate
water models for bulk water studies). There have been studies on the SPC
water model since the 80's. Also, the specific way you calculate the mean
no. of H-bonds influences the results. You'll see that the reported numbers
vary from paper to paper, depending on their definition of H-bond.