[gmx-users] Measuring distance to the nearest image

Anthony Nash anthony.nash at dpag.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 12:03:29 CET 2017

Hi Alexandr,

Those were my thoughts also. I was just hoping there was something out there already written to save me time.
Thanks
Anthony

Dr Anthony Nash
BSc (Hons) MSc MSc PhD MRSC
Department of Physiology, Anatomy & Genetics
Oxford University
OX1 3PT UK

On 19/12/2017 10:18, "gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se on behalf of Alexandr Nasedkin" <gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se on behalf of nasedkin at chalmers.se> wrote:

    Hi Anthony,

    Would it work if you take x/y/z components of the distance and subtract
    ones extending the size of the box in the corresponding direction?

    You will need to extract box size from the *.edr file (unless box is of
    fixed size), further use flag -oxyz from gmx distance for xyz distance
    components.

    -Alexandr