[gmx-users] Dynamic selection of a shell in a trajectory

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 11:33:55 CET 2017

Hi,

Dynamic selections are implemented, but only for a small subset of GROMACS
tools. You can use gmx select to form the appropriate index group, but
you'd have to write some other script to get trjconv to pull out individual
frames with the matching selection, and then concatenate them into a
trajectory file (and decide how you want to deal with the fact that frames
may now differ in the number of atoms).

Mark