[gmx-users] problems of display the gro/trr structure in VMD

sunyeping sunyeping at aliyun.com
Sat Feb 4 04:52:00 CET 2017

Dear all,
I have a protein coordinate file in gromacs gro format and a MD trajectory of this protein in trr format. When I load the gro/trr file into VMD, I find one of the chains of this protein cannot be displayed when using cartoon or ribbon representation. When using ribbon to display it, an error message comes out:  ribbon code encounters an unusual structure, geometry may not look as expected.
I checked the coordinate of this chain in the gro file but cannot find anything wrong with it.
Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
Best regards.
Yeping Sun