[gmx-users] topology

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Feb 27 23:27:25 CET 2017

On 2/27/17 12:49 AM, RAHUL SURESH wrote:
> I am explaining my issues regarding complex simulation.
>
> I have 200ns conformer(OPLS FF)
>
> I have generated my ligand gro and itp file.(Using topolgen1_1)
>
> I have edited my protein gro file and made it into complex file as per the
> tutorials.
>
> I have made changes to my topol.top file.
>
> Now in my command for em.mdp I am getting 19 errors stating "NO DEFAULT
> BOND TYPE, ANGLE TYPE, ETC."
>
> Can you guide me with this?

This means the atom type assignment makes reference to bonded parameters that
don't exist.  That means one of two things: (1) either the atom type assignment
is incorrect, requiring manual correction (as the script warns you, as it makes
a lot of assumptions and is therefore rather dumb sometimes) or (2) you simply
have a molecule for which parameters do not exist, requiring manual
parametrization.  For OPLS-AA, this requires QM calculations to get things like
equilibrium geometries, vibrational frequencies, and dihedral potential energy
scans.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629