[gmx-users] pulling protein-ligand complex

abhisek Mondal abhisek.mndl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 20:51:50 CET 2017

Hi,
I'm pulling ligand out of protein using umbrella sampling method in
gromacs-4.6.2.
Using "trjconv -s pull.tpr -f traj.xtc -o conf.gro -sep" command generated
500 different files (selected "SYSTEM" in interactive prompt, need to study
protein and ligand simultaneously). But when I use "perl distances.pl"
command I get none of the distances calculated.
Following output was generated:

Processing configuration 497...
Processing configuration 498...
Processing configuration 499...
Processing configuration 500...
readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
Use of uninitialized value $distance in concatenation (.) or string at
distances.pl line 30.
readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
Use of uninitialized value $distance in concatenation (.) or string at
distances.pl line 30.
readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
Use of uninitialized value $distance in concatenation (.) or string at
distances.pl line 30.
readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
Use of uninitialized value $distance in concatenation (.) or string at
distances.pl line 30.
readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.

Help me out here. What did go wrong ?

--
Abhisek Mondal

*Research Fellow*

*Structural Biology and Bioinformatics Division*
*CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology*

*Kolkata 700032*

*INDIA*