[gmx-users] pulling protein-ligand complex

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 7 21:16:31 CET 2017

On 1/7/17 2:51 PM, abhisek Mondal wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm pulling ligand out of protein using umbrella sampling method in
> gromacs-4.6.2.
> Using "trjconv -s pull.tpr -f traj.xtc -o conf.gro -sep" command generated
> 500 different files (selected "SYSTEM" in interactive prompt, need to study
> protein and ligand simultaneously). But when I use "perl distances.pl"
> command I get none of the distances calculated.
> Following output was generated:

> Processing configuration 497...
> Processing configuration 498...
> Processing configuration 499...
> Processing configuration 500...
> readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
> Use of uninitialized value $distance in concatenation (.) or string at
> distances.pl line 30.
> readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
> Use of uninitialized value $distance in concatenation (.) or string at
> distances.pl line 30.
> readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
> Use of uninitialized value $distance in concatenation (.) or string at
> distances.pl line 30.
> readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
> Use of uninitialized value $distance in concatenation (.) or string at
> distances.pl line 30.
> readline() on closed filehandle IN at distances.pl line 16.
>

> Help me out here. What did go wrong ?

gmx distance failed.  Run gmx distance yourself and see what the error message
is.  The script just executes gmx distance and assumes everything works because
it's designed for a tutorial.  You may have to modify it to get it to work in
your system; you can't assume it is plug-and-play.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore