[gmx-users] dihedral MM scan

Mohsen Ramezanpour ramezanpour.mohsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 06:15:01 CET 2017

Hi Justin,

I did a dihedral population analysis in both bilayer and HII phase.
Interestingly, the population analysis is consistent with the QM profile
from GAAMP.  (i.e. I see more population in deeper local minima in QM
profile, and the population is 0 at QM barriers)
There is only one exception, though. and it is when the Nitrogen atom is
protonated (there is a (CH2)-(CH2)-(N)-2(CH3) group at the top part of
lipid head group),
If I do a dihedral population analysis in vacuum, it matches the QM profile
pretty reasonable.
However, if I use this cationic lipid in a system (either bilayer or HII
phase), the population profile changes significantly (I mean the shape
change completely).
This one is not consistent with QM profile. I think this might be because
of strong interaction with PS lipids which are negatively charged.

So, I have made a mistake in my MM scan. I will check it again to see what
is the problem. Based on these analysis I expect to get quite good MM PES
profiles.
Cheers
Mohsen

--
*Rewards work better than punishment ...*