[gmx-users] Has omega -180 also in proteins?

Seera Suryanarayana palusoori at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 14:11:31 CEST 2017

Dear  gromacs users,
I have done simulation for 100ns and I analyzed many properties as part of
my work. I also calculated the omega dihedral  angle and I got the values
around +180 and -180 degrees. When I present the work in lab they
questioned about  the omega values of  PROLINE. It should be around
+180(trans) degrees, 0 (cis) degrees. But I got omega values around -180
degrees for PRO. Kindly tell me whether I am wrong. I have used gmx chi for
my analysis.

Thanks in advance
Surya
Graduate student