[gmx-users] Automake problem during installation 4.5.7

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 5 14:55:51 CEST 2017

On 7/4/17 11:56 PM, CHEN, Yu Wai [ABCT] wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to install 4.5.7 (because I need to use a forcefield which is for 4.5.X) with MPI on our system

Any force field that is in the format of version 4.5 is compatible with all
newer GROMACS versions.  I recommend that you don't try to install antiquated
and unsupported software.  Old code on newer hardware, with newer compilers
rarely works.  Try the latest version of GROMACS.

-Justin

here which runs Scientific Linux 6.3. I managed to do some SETENV to get the
library and include paths set up, and
> configure finished without issues. But when I tried to do "make", it gives me errors:
>
> ./configure: line 2050: syntax error near unexpected token `tar-ustar'
> ./configure: line 2050: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(tar-ustar)'
> make: *** [config.status] Error 2
>
> I searched on the internet, someone asked the same question in 2013; an answer suggested to comment out the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(tar-ustar) line in configure.ac which I tried but did not work; i.e. led to other automake problems.
>
> Can someone help me? Thanks.
>

> --
> Yu Wai Chen 陳友維, PhD...................Senior Research Fellow
> Hong Kong Polytechnic University                   +852-34008660
> Department of Applied Biology & Chemical Technology
>

> [http://mlm.polyu.edu.hk/PolyU80_Email_Signature.png]
>
> www.polyu.edu.hk/80anniversary<http://www.polyu.edu.hk/80anniversary>
>
> Disclaimer:
>
> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (the University) immediately. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> The University specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through University E-mail Facilities. Any views and opinions expressed are only those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent those of the University and the University accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or damages incurred or caused to any party as a result of the use of such information.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore