[gmx-users] LINCS warning during constrained md

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:24:05 CEST 2017

Hi,

I would avoid using the combination of position restraints and constrained
bonds with an input structure that is not necessarily consistent with the
constraints. That's a recipe for large forces. I wouldn't use position
restraints in such a process unless I had some reason to believe that my
starting structure was special *and* saw a large deformation if I didn't
use the restraints. If I saw the deformation, I would wonder why I thought
it was special.

If you're trying to relax a thing, let it relax. :-) If something strange
happens, consider that when it has happened. Obviously that means you want
to look at what happens when you did your equilibration, but you were going
to do that anyway. Right? ;-)

Mark