[gmx-users] equilibration

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 17 15:38:38 CEST 2017

On 7/14/17 7:43 AM, ‪farial tavakoli‬ ‪ wrote:
> Hi justin
>   Thank you for reply and sorry for sending in another email, because when i wanted to reply, it was rejected.Actually, since i am a new gromacs user, i used all .mdp files ( em.mdp, nvt.mdp,...) in protein-ligand complex ( lysosym 4 ) tuturial in gromacs. And did all the steps and issued all commands that said in this tuturial . I also generated my ligand topology by PRODRG and edited the charges and charge groups . To edit atome charge, according to aminoacids.rtp file, i considered what my atomes are bonded to , in order to best give their charge. Then , regarding to the article : Practical considerations for building GROMOS-compatible

Parametrization by analogy is only a starting point.  In some cases it is
straightforward and works well.  In others, it requires more effort.

small-molecule topologiesEditted the charge groups , but i think , maybe i was
wrong in specifying charg groups. In addition, i noticed that there was a wrong
bond in the gromacs topology ang gromacs cordinate files, so i

Wrong bond?  How so?  Also, there are no bonds in coordinate files; if you're
visualizing the coordinates and something funny shows up, that's a problem with
the viewing program, not the topology itself.

corrected them but i dont know if i did right?  These are all that i did. I dont
know more about generating ligand topology but informatin that said in this
tuturial. If you let me, send my ligand topology file to you?

Sorry, I do not have time to check your work here.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore