[gmx-users] Doubt about Free Energy Calculations using g_bar

Varvdekar Bhagyesh Rajendra bhagyesh.varvdekar at research.iiit.ac.in
Sat Jun 10 12:16:03 CEST 2017

Dear Justin,

Just so we are on the same page, this means that if I don't touch the topology file and use the following mdp snippet, charges *are present* in the topology file for the ligand group and they are automatically set to zero while turning on vdW interactions (from 0 to 1) right ? Hence, there is no need to manually set charges to zero (The old style of doing the calculations), right?.

Then the charges too, are turned off from 0 to 1? (1 state being the actual charges present in the topology file).

Thank you,

Bhagyesh