[gmx-users] POTENTIAL ENERGY SURFACE SCAN

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 16 13:23:09 CEST 2017

On 6/16/17 6:16 AM, Neha Gupta wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> I am given to understand that, we are supposed to run em.mdp and md.mdp
> file for the organic molecule of interest.
>
> After that, we are supposed to run
>
> mdrun -s md.tpr -rerun configuration.pdb
>
> What are the factors should we take care of while running md.mdp?
>
> How do we mention the dihedral angle of our interest?
>
> Could you please elucidate?

You need to generate a series of conformations as a function of the changing
dihedral.  It's a bit tedious to do in GROMACS, but essentially, you apply
[dihedral_restraints] to the configuration and then energy-minimize the
structure.  Then, using a topology *without* restraints, simply calculate the
single-point energy of the minimized structure.  Follow the link Mark provided
closely.

-Justin

> Thanks,
> Neha
>

> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Generate your configurations with some other tool, put them in a trajectory
>> file, and use
>> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Single-Point_Energy
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 11:13 Neha Gupta <nehaphysics17 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi gromacs users,
>>>
>>> How to do potential energy surface scan for organic molecule using
>> Gromacs?
>>>
>>> What are the steps?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Neha
>>> --
>>>
>>> * Please search the archive at
>>> posting!

>>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit
>>>
>> --
>>
>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/
>> Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629