[gmx-users] Coulomb values

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 19 13:50:29 CEST 2017

On 6/19/17 5:43 AM, Merril Mathew wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
>
> I was trying to extract electrostatics and van der Waals interactions for
> specific lipid molecules in the system I simulated. I assume you can get
> the coulomb and LJ values from energy. But why is there more than one
> options to select for both Coulomb and LJ from the list.?

Because there are intramolecular terms (1-4), short-range (SR, within
rcoulomb/rvdw) and potentially long-range (LR) in the case of a twin-range
cutoff, and the PME terms (Coul-recip) if you used PME.  It's not just as simple
as electrostatic and vdW energy - it's dependent on the chosen algorithms and
nonbonded setup.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629