[gmx-users] distance restraint in gromacs md run

Simon Kit Sang Chu simoncks1994 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 14:54:10 CEST 2017

Hi Mark,

I thought including distance restraint file here would still be valid?
Although this is called POSRES, the file included in not position restraint
but distance restraint.

; Include distance restraint file
#ifdef POSRES
#include "p1p2_dist.itp"
#endif

I try to simulate a trial system and the two chains which are supposed to
be distance restrained, eventually disassemble. I first
thought DISPRES could be replaced by POSRES, i.e. the naming is arbitrary.
It does not seem to be the case.

Right now, I choose "define  = -DDISRES" and "disre = simple". However, the
message returned indicated that distance restraint is not available in MPI.
Is that so?

Simon