[gmx-users] distance restraint in gromacs md run

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 01:33:22 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:54 Simon Kit Sang Chu <simoncks1994 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I thought including distance restraint file here would still be valid?

It is valid. I think Justin overlooked how you separated the different
content from different files.

Although this is called POSRES, the file included in not position restraint
> but distance restraint.
>

> ; Include distance restraint file
> #ifdef POSRES
> #include "p1p2_dist.itp"
> #endif
>

> I try to simulate a trial system and the two chains which are supposed to
> be distance restrained, eventually disassemble. I first
> thought DISPRES could be replaced by POSRES, i.e. the naming is arbitrary.
> It does not seem to be the case.

Call it whatever you like, but be consistent. You've spelled the
abbreviations three different ways in this thread.

Right now, I choose "define  = -DDISRES" and "disre = simple". However, the
> message returned indicated that distance restraint is not available in MPI.
> Is that so?

Sounds correct. There's many reasons why you don't want to use such ancient
versions of GROMACS. Upgrade the format of the force field files like
Justin has suggested and do everybody a favour ;-)

Mark

Simon