[gmx-users] a problem about ewald geometry=3dc

Philip Loche ploche at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 21 09:22:56 CEST 2017

If you can not make sure that the atoms stay inside the slab you should use 3D electrostatics. The 3DC method an approximation, which gives the same results as true 2D electrostatics only for a thin slab. When atoms leave the slab the potentials and forces comparing 2D and 3DC are not consistent anymore.

Best

Philip