[gmx-users] non-bonded sigma for amino nitrogen–carboxylate oxygen interactions in OPLSAA in GROMACS

gozde ergin gozdeeergin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:39:48 CEST 2017

Hi MArk,

Thanks for the respond. I understood that point however I still do not get which sigma to change.
I the paper JCTC 2017, Miller et. al. they have mentioned that they increase the for nitrogen–carboxylate oxygen interactions in OPLSAA.
However there are two sigma in oplsaa.ff/ffnonbonded.itp one for amino notrogen and one for carboxylate oxygen.

                                                                              sigma            epsilon
 opls_287   N3   7  14.00670    -0.300       A    3.25000e-01  7.11280e-01
 opls_272   O2   8  15.99940    -0.800       A    2.96000e-01  8.78640e-01

Which one defines the amino nitrogen–carboxylate oxygen interactions?
Which sigma should I change?

Thanks