[gmx-users] non-bonded sigma for amino nitrogen–carboxylate oxygen interactions in OPLSAA in GROMACS

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 21 16:56:40 CEST 2017

On 6/21/17 10:55 AM, gozde ergin wrote:
> However in the paper they have mentioned that they increased the sigma  for amino nitrogen–carboxylate oxygen interactions
> by 0.13Angstrom   relative to the original value.
> So I assume there should be original value?
> However you mentioned that there is no pair-specific LJ interaction in OPLSAA.
> Even if I add a [nonbond_params] what epsilon and sigma should I use? Because they talk about the increment in sigma and I do not know the original value.
> Maybe I should connect them directly.

Yes, do that to make sure they're consistent with the publication, but
combination rules are explained in the PDF manual (and presumably in the
original literature for the force field!) so you can calculate these very
easily.  It's simple arithmetic.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629